Transitional Living Programs
ARCA’s Transitional Living Programs share the same mission and requirements as the Sons of Temperance, a brotherhood of men who came together during the temperance movement of the 1800’s to support each other in their commitment to abstinence from alcohol. The house provides residents with a supportive environment allowing individuals to achieve their desired level of independence and responsibility while abstaining from alcohol and non-prescribed substances. Achieving independence is a key component for continued sobriety and recovery. As a person gains independence, both self-esteem and self-efficacy will rise. Through involvement with ARCA’s Transitional Living Programs, a person can eliminate the need for negative social support as he learns to rely on himself while creating a brotherhood of individuals striving for the same desired goals: long-term sobriety and recovery. ARCA’s Transitional Living Programs are for individuals in recovery from substance use disorders. The Transitional Living Programs began in the fall of 2011 and currently has two locations in St. Louis, MO. The sober living environments are fully furnished and have a live-in house manager. Residents will never have more than one roommate.
Requirements for Residency
- Residents must be male.
- Residents must be 18 years of age or older.
- Residents must be sober from alcohol and all illicit substances.
- All new residents must be interviewed before acceptance into the house is granted.
- To be considered for admission, a potential resident must fill out an application and a personal plan for recovery. This plan typically includes any group sessions, individual counseling, or medication that the potential resident uses to aid in their sobriety. Once accepted, the resident will play a role in running the home by holding an elected position. Residents are solely responsible for the care of the home, and there is a mandatory weekly meeting held by the house management.
Amenities At The Transitional Living Homes
- An Alarm System
- Updated Appliances as of 2011
- Modern Leather Furniture
- A Television with Cable
- A Pool Table
- A Weight Room
- Wireless Internet
- A Computer Room
- A Library
- A Washer & Dryer
- A Backyard Grill & Fire-Pit
- A Work Garage
Interested in Applying for Residency in one of ARCA’s Transitional Programs?
Assisted Recovery Centers of America partners with Recovery House of St. Louis to provide transitional living services. If you have any questions, please fill out the form below to be added to the list of applicants for review. You can also contact John Stuckey for more information at 636-233-1184.