ARCA JOB DESCRIPTION
Psychiatric Mental Health Advanced Practice Nurse
Job Title: Psychiatric Mental Health Advanced Practice Nurse
Location: 6651 Chippewa Street, Suite 224, St. Louis, MO 63109
Hours: Full Time, 32-40 hours/week average
Compensation: Based on education and experience
Works in an outpatient clinical setting to evaluate and treat patients with acute and chronic conditions related to mental health, drug and alcohol abuse. Provides care through physical and mental evaluations, laboratory testing, plans of care and therapeutic treatments. Knowledge of a wide range of disorders; cognitive, emotional, developmental, social and behavioral in addition to addiction treatment. Performs crisis intervention. Participates in assisting with staffing. Works in a complementary manner with a team to provide excellence in patient care. Participates in the department’s performance improvement and continuous quality care activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
|Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:|
|Minimum Core Competencies
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
- Prescribes and monitors effectiveness of appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients.
- Participates in a Collaborative Practice Agreement with our in house psychiatrist.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
- Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with a Missouri Document of Recognition
- Current certification as PMHCNS-BC and/or PMHNP-BC
- Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Exhibits competency in computer skills
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; Demonstrates presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Formulates realistic action plans.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; Maintains composure and reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Medication Management and Administration
- Strong knowledge of psychotropic medications, including substance abuse treatments and their correct administration based on the age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Follows the six (6) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies for all patient care and medication management in accordance with Local/State/Federal standards of care.
- Meets dress code standards; appearance is professional, neat and clean.
- Completes educational requirements for certification
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wears identification while on duty; if applicable, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes in services and returns in a timely fashion.
- Attends staff meetings regularly, arrives punctually and actively participates as necessary.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments.
- Orients new staff members and volunteers as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
Please fill out the information below and upload your resume.